Thursday, October 28, 2010

Wednesday, Octdober 27, 2010

Good Morning Family and Friends,

Slept in for a change which is strange for me but it felt good!  Took off on the bike and went through the trails - didn't see much but the grounds are pretty.  The trails are paved and there is a lot of trees so you are in the shade but the warmth of the sun cascades through along with the humidity.  Temperatures have been in the high 70's - low 80's - the hotter the better for Paul.

Later in the day, Dill and I went to the Caw Caw Interpretive Center not really knowing what we were going to get into.  We thought we were going to be seeing animals - what we got were groomed grass trails that takes you through different areas of the Center.  The gentlemen that gave us the map and directions asked us if we had bug spray and when we said No, he kindly directed us to a different path so the mosquitoes wouldn't carry us away!

Needless to say, it was mid-afternoon and we saw very little in the way of birds and any type of wildlife.  However - in the midst of walking - Dill spotted a snake - that scared both of us!  Then we did see a baby alligator in the water along with a bigger one.  Paul and I were told that during the months of October thru April - the alligators do not feed!  I was telling Dill about our trip last year and how we saw the gators along the paths and how when you look at the matted down grasses it generally means that a gator had come through there.  Well - that didn't sit well with Dill but we kept walking slowly and quietly making sure we had our eyes peeled for creatures - when all of a sudden my cell phone rings and we both jumped - it was my sister Dalia telling me the packages had arrived.  Whew!  Dill and I started to laugh at how foolish we were acting.

We did make it through most of the trails - even the mosquitoe laden one and decided we had done enough for the day.  Downtown Charleston would have to wait until the next day.

Later, we went to Carrabas to eat and it seemed like it took us forever to get there.  Paul thought we were actually going to Italy(haha).  We crossed a bridge that kind of reminded me of the Skyway Bridge in Tampa.  Dill says she is going to either walk or run it eventually(it is 6 miles long).

We capped off the night with a campfire, enjoying our daughters' company.  She has been in Charleston for about 2 months and seems to have adjusted well to her new surroundings.  Paul and I can see why she loves it here and the weather being nice most of the time doesn't hurt either.

For now, I will say goodnight and pleasant dreams.  Tomorrow is a new day and another adventure.

Love To All and God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment