Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday - August 28th.

The day stated as usual - get up - breakfast and seeing Jen (OT) at 8:30am. She can get you going. We started by me throwing bean bags into a bb hoop and then I had to go pick them up and put them back into the plastic container. Actually - I didn't do bad at all for bending from the knees and holding onto the hemi-walker for the first time. Balance wasn't bad.

Next with Jen I had to take the little circle things that you use to hang a shower curtain with while standing on my own and unhinge them and put them on this round rod and refasten them. After I did that I had to undo what I just had done. And to beat all - she was shaking me from the waist and I kept my balance. Try to take me down - NEVER!

PT - I did some walking with the walker and with the stainless steel cane that has claw feet(that's the only way I can explain it). I did squats without holding onto anything and worked on trying to balance.

My afternoon session - my son Paul came up for the weekend (moto gp races at Indy this weekend). He got to see me walk some more and then he watched me do some stretching exercises. My PT tried something new towards the end of the session which was me trying to balance on my knees trying to sit up straight and Lil Paul and I played catch with a plastic ball. That didn't go too bad. Then she wanted me to try to do the same thing but bring up one leg and try to balance myself. Well - you guessed it - NO CAN DO! I couldn't keep my balance no matter how badly I tried. But - I will try again next week and hopefully I will come out victorious.

I am suppose to be let go from the rehab hospital on Sept 2nd. I do have a dr. appt. on the 3rd. Our house has been having a few renovations being done to accomodate me when I get home. We are hoping it will be done by then if not - Paul and I will linger on the way home and catch a few museums we keep passing by when we come down for the Indy race.

That's all for today. Every day is a new challenge not only for me but for all of us. The situations might be slightly different but the outcome is what we choose it to be. So keep on trucking -
I try to keep positive and every night I thank God for all the blessings in my life. And when I wake up every morning - I say - TODAY COULD BE THE DAY!

Have a Great Weekend!

Take Care and God Bless.

Delia

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are doing alot of things. It's great that the kids can help with some of the exercises. Your right, think positive and your outcome will be great!

    ReplyDelete