Saturday, October 24, 2009

October 24th, 2009

Hello everyone.

Thought I would give you a progress report on my recovery. Therapy is coming along. I still go 3 times a week and am still working on getting my muscle tone back in the legs, but, also exercising my upper body as well to keep strong.

Have been working on a core board (similar to what you would use for Pilates) to help with balance and stretching exercises.

I am still quite weak at the ankles and trying to walk sideways is still a bit of a challenge.

My therapist Barb says that I am almost at what they would consider 100% even thou - I know there are still a few things that I would like to be able to do better.

I can tell you that I haven't been using the AFO's for quite some time and the walker - well I still have it and if I am going to be doing a lot of walking - I put it in the truck so I have something to sit on if I feel the need to relax.

Around the house - I am getting along a lot better. Walking up and down the stairs doesn't seem like quite a chore now. I still can't take them two at a time but - Hey - Life is Good!!

When I don't have therapy - I try to do different exercises at home to keep up my strength and help myself get to where I want to be.

I still have the numbness, tingling sensation and every now and again a nerve surge but I don't let it keep me down. I pray that it will go away and I hope that it will in good time.

I did finally start driving last week with Paul in the truck and took the truck on my own this week. Boy - did it feel good to be independent again. It was a little scary since I had not driven since I became ill but like riding a bike - I didn't forget what to do.

Again, I thank you for continuing to keep me in your prayers as I forge ahead to complete recovery.

Have a great day and May God Bless You Always.

Delia

No comments:

Post a Comment